UVC disinfection systems inactivate all known food spoilage such as microorganisms including bacteria, mould spores, yeasts and food pathogens like viruses. In 1878, scientists Downes and Blunt discovered that microorganisms do not reproduce when exposed to direct sunlight. Eventually, the correlation between a specific wavelength and the maximum micro-organism reaction was recognised at precise nanometer (nm) wave-lengths of light. As a result, UVC Technology – Short Wavelength UV was born.
SterilAir have had a global market presence since 1939. They are leaders in the development and manufacture of UVC disinfection devices. Their solution-orientated hygiene concepts can be tailor-made to your individual requirements.
The eco-friendly SterilAIR UVC technology disinfects air, surfaces, food and fluids in the food industry. It is also suitable for alternative applications in air-conditioning equipment, laboratories, workplaces, medicine and livestock breeding. UVC is effective against bacteria, viruses, mould, algae in meat/food processing environments – slaughter, butchery, processing, chilling, storage and food decontamination itself.
The main benefits of using this technology are:
- Increased shelf life, reduced spoilage – increased profit
- Reduced customer returns - increased profit
- Reduced customer complaints– save costs
- Reduced bacterial contamination - guaranteed better product/food safety – reduced risk/increased profit
- Effective for all types of micro-organisms, including bacteria, viruses, algae, moulds fungi and protozoa – flexible
- Reduce costs and risks of traditional/existing disinfection methods – increased profit
- Reduce costs of existing preservative methods – increased profits
- UVC will prevent bacterial/viral resilience found in other methods – highly effective and peace of mind
- Safe for the environment – cost saving
- Easy to use – cost saving
- Low cost of ownership – increased profit
Cutting Edge and SterilAIR UVC technology and UVC SterilAIR disinfection systems are a safe, highly-effective and low-cost method of maximising work-place productivity. They work to eradicate – or significantly reduce - contamination. They are especially useful for surface disinfection on moving conveyors where contamination risks can be high.
UVC Disinfection Sections:
UVC Conveyor Systems
Clean transportation belts and conveyor systems are integral to maintaining the hygiene and quality ... (more)
UVC Air Recirculating Systems
SterilAIR recirculation systems disinfect room spaces with either a low convection or where a direct... (more)
Food & Packaging Disinfection Systems
In-line decontamination and disinfection of food, packaging and containers effectively increases pro... (more)
UVC Water Disinfection Systems
Handling water as a foodstuff requires great attention to hygiene. Microorganisms find ideal growth ... (more)
UVC Air Space Decontamination
You cannot reliably prevent the diffusion of spores, bacteria and viruses by adhering solely to curr... (more)